That would be me

That would be me

Monday, September 20, 2010

Soooooo close and yet . . .

31 points.

A little more than 2 years ago, I was having major issues with my hands and feet randomly going numb on me. I kept going back to the doctor who at first thought it was MS (that is the FIRST place his mind went) and he ran a battery of tests – all of which came back 'normal.' Finally he just declared it fibromyalgia and sent me on my merry way.

Problem is that fibromyalgia is not supposed to get worse . . . and I was getting worse. A lot worse.

It all came to a head in November of 08 when as I was driving the kids back from a pediatrician appointment, my feet and hands suddenly seized up and I jumped the curb and slammed into a fence. In a school zone. Right in front of a cop.

That was NOT good.

That culminated in a $2200 fine and the temporary loss of my license since my health issue was 'non-conducive to safe driving.'

I finally changed doctors. The FIRST thing the new doctor asked me was "did he check your vitamin D levels?" "Ummmmm, no?" "Okay then, we will check that before we worry about anything major."

17. My Vitamin D levels were a 17. "Normal" is 32 and up.

Well, no WONDER!!

He prescribed MEGA-doses of Vitamin D (a in 50,000 iu daily) and within a week or so my hands and feet were back to normal.

Cut to today. Finally after 3 tests and almost 2 years, I have finally passed the test and am being recommended for license reinstatement by my doctor. Okay, I actually didn't PASS. I needed a 32 to pass but since I got a 31 this time and a 31 6 months ago AND since I have not had an episode in more than 6 months, he said he will approve me to be declared "cured."

So NOW I can get my license back. . . . as soon as I pay my fine.

Dang it. Where am I going to get that kind of money?? I am SO close to being an "adult" again only to be thwarted by my bank account.

What else is new?

No comments:

Post a Comment