That would be me

That would be me

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The (Relative) Calm Before the Storm

Sami has the next 3 days "off" (including today but she does have her day job today and tomorrow so don't get too excited). No rehearsal until Sunday though and then all Hell Week breaks loose.

Now a "normal" person would see this as an opportunity to: nap, take a mini-vacay, clean house, do laundry, grocery shop, go to the park with the kidlets, or any number of things that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the show.

When you are producing, however, days "off" are merely opportunities to get "show crap" done while the sun is still up (as opposed to 3 in the morning which IS normal). There are programs to create (and print), sets to paint, slips to buy, a disco ball to approximate, promotional marketing emails to send, book jackets to design on top of all of the decongestants to freebase, newsletters to get out, toddlers to wrangle and relationships to keep alive.

So I am spending my morning (in addition to writing this entry) trying to figure out how to get everything that 'needs' to get done DONE so that I can actually take Saturday OFF.

A breather. A day of actual rest and relaxation. A chance to let the voice regain its bearings before I throw that music back at it again.

So I will hope and pray that my cohorts will get their bios to me in time, Spencer's has the strobe light thingy we need, that my ridiculously old version of Publisher holds out and that JC Penny's has the Petti-Shorts in stock.

And then on the 'Sabbath,' Sami shall look on all she had created, smile and proclaim "this is good – let's nap."

No comments:

Post a Comment