That would be me

That would be me

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Just you and I . . . restoring sanity

The Big Move: Phases 1 & 2 are complete. Now comes the longest of the phases. Phase 3: The Unwinding

The last few weeks have been ridiculously busy and stressful. We had performances of "The Last 5 Years" (which I produced with The Bruce) had the kids fulltime, moved into our new place, have had Eleemosynary rehearsals, had an audition last night, etc etc.

Typical Sami chaos.

But now, the end is in sight. We are moved in (although not unpacked) and Eleemosynary opens in two weeks. I have the newsletter (which is coming out late – hopefully the day after tomorrow) and rehearsals and general living to do and that is it. I did not get a callback out of last night's audition which was more of a relief than a disappointment. I know, shocking right? But wait, here is the kicker.

Sami needs a break.

Launch turned One Year Old last week. One year of pursuing acting hard and heavy. One solid year of back to back shows and I am just tired. Not ungrateful. Not burnt out. Just exhausted. My batteries need to be put on the charger for a while.

The stress of moving and the divorce and all the stress that comes with is starting to get to me. I feel tense and moody. There are a lot of days I just don't recognize myself and if I don't know who I am at the moment, how am I supposed to put the best of me into an audition or performance?

So I will take the next few weeks and recoup. Just allow myself to enjoy my current show without worrying about the next one. Unpack. Actually sit down and ENJOY the kids. Take them to the park myself. Sit and watch mindless TV with the man I have been so lucky to find.

I would like to participate in my life rather than just dictate it. Just for a few weeks. Before I return to "normal."

Then Sami will be BACK, babies. There is an EPIC Birthday Party in the works and I need to conserve my energy for it.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, taking a break!! A lot of people can't give themselves permission to do that.

    ReplyDelete