That would be me

That would be me

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Well, how about that??

Or Sami loves surprises.

Sometimes you run in the same circles with people and yet never really get to know them. People drop their names to you, you see them across rooms and yet somehow you never actually "meet."

Today I got to spend a few hours with one such person. And it was amazing.

To be perfectly honest, I was not sure how it would go. This particular person is a very intense, strong woman and frankly, I was intimidated by her. You see, my strong, kick-ass femaleness is mostly an act and I get VERY intimidated and shy around women who actually seem to have it together. Plus, the rumor mill being what it is, I was not sure what kind of person she truly was. Words like intense, difficult and demanding seem to follow her around (and BOY do I know that feeling).

When she contacted me, I honestly had no idea why she would want to hang out with the likes of me. Again, the Bad Self Esteem monster had reared its ugly head and I assumed that she did not like me (after all, she had never sought me out before – neither had I sought her out but that is because I am a chicken).

Plus I worried what on earth we would talk about.

Well, surprise surprise surprise. I had such a great time with her. Conversation flowed easily. We seemed to be on the same wavelength about so many things

It was effortless. At least on my end.

Of course, the reason why we were getting together in the first place (we are both writing for NaNoWriMo) seemed to fall by the wayside, but it really did not seem to bother us.

So now, I feel like I have made a potential new friend. And I got a few words written. Not a lot but enough.

Welcome to my little circle of crazies, Erin. I am glad to have you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment