That would be me

That would be me

Monday, November 15, 2010

Torn Between Two Maybes

Feeling like a fool.

Or Sami needs them to make up THEIR minds so she can make up hers

The worst part of auditioning is the wait. The wait for the audition to get scheduled. The wait as you stand in the lobby. The wait as you worry if you've been called back. The wait to hear if you have been cast.

All this waiting can be a bit much to take – if you are someone, like myself, who does NOT handle the "not knowing" well.

Normally, I can handle this. Normally I just go to an audition and then it happens or it doesn't happen but I just move along.

THIS situation is not normal.

There are two projects that I REALLY would give a limb to do. Two amazing scripts. Two great companies. Two Big Fat Maybes. And they are going up at the EXACT SAME TIME.

And their auditions are several weeks apart. So if I got the first one, I would have to walk away from the other without knowing if I would have had a chance.

Now, I could sit here and do a pro/con list for days and days and days. There would still be a tie. Sort of. The first one is a dream show which is definitely more Launch friendly and closer to home. The other is a dream show with a group of friends I adore – one of whom may not be with us as long as any of us would like.

Do you see my dilemma?

The last few days I have been going over and over these two projects and probably being a pest to everyone around me.

At the end of the day all this stressing could be a moot point. I could end up completely empty handed because sometimes that is how this game is played. Truthfully, I am quite glad that I have even gotten to the point of "maybe" having to choose between roles.

This is what happens when I want things too much. Maybe I should go back to not caring and just take whatever comes along.

Sometimes a plan can ruin a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment